Gastricballooning is one of the methods of weakening that can be done by endoscopic means. It is a method that benefits due to the overlay of the balloon in the stomach and the feeling of saturation and the stuffing of the stomach more quickly. Gastric balloon treatments can involved losing between 10-25 kg of weight. However, as with all slimming methods, changes in the patient’s permanent lifestyle, permanent improvements in eating and drinking habits make weight loss permanent.
Contact with Us
Gastric Balloon placement
After eight hours of starvation, the patient is put to sleep with sedoanalgesia and the gastric balloon is placed in the stomach with endoscopy. The balloon is then inflated with saline colored with methylene blue and the air balloon is inflated with normal room air. In general, balloons are inflated with an average liquid or air of 500 ml. As the size of the balloon increases, the feeling of fullness and satiation in the stomach increases, but tolerance is difficult. When there is leaking in the saline and methylene blue balloon placed in the balloon, the saline fluid, which is colored with methylene blue, is put in the urine and feces to be obvious by giving it a blue color.
Who should wear the Intra-Stomach Slimming Balloon?
- In persons from the age of 18 to 70
- Body mass index in those between 30 and 40
- It can be used as a slimming method for those who are reluctant to gastric surgery procedures or who want to lose a certain weight in a short time (such as before a wedding).
Who should not be installed in the Intra-Stomach Slimming Balloon?
- Narrowing or altered anatomy in the oral and throat area
- Partial or full nearest esophagus
- Undergoing gastric surgery
- Mass in the stomach
- Large hiatal herni > (4 cm)
- Esophageal or stomach Varicose veins
What Are The Relative Barriers to Inserting an Intra-Stomach Slimming Balloon?
- Narrowing or altered anatomy in the oral and throat area
- History of untreated coronary artery disease or decompensate heart failure
- Unstable thyroid disease
- Chronic use of narcotic painkillers
- More than 20 grams of alcohol use per day or suspected alcohol dependence
- Active substance use
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- History of dysmotility or delayed gastric ejaculation
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Eating disorders or uncontested psychiatric illnesses
- People who do not want or will not be able to use proton pump inhibitors for 6 months
How Thin Can People Get With An Intra-Stomach Slimming Balloon?
With intra-stomach balloon therapy, people can lose about 36-40% of their weight. Or in other words, they can give 30-40 kg in 12-month balloons or 6-month-old balloons applied twice in a while
Is there a difference between 6-month balloon therapy and balloon application in 12 months?
It is claimed that ballooning in 12 months will give the person the chance to create a more permanent lifestyle change and make the person lose more permanent weight. Gaining a habit of eating permanently can be more difficult after a 6-month monthly balloon. However, it can be applied twice in a 6-month balloon and converted into 12-month treatment. Assuming that one-fifth of the patients cannot tolerate the balloon early, it can be seen that the 6-month balloon will result in less economic loss.
Twelve months of balloons can increase and reduce the amount of fluid loaded into the balloon thanks to the flexible connection at the end, thus allowing it to reduce nausea. Likewise, there is a chance to increase the fluid in the balloon to increase the weight loss rate if desired later.
What are the benefits of the intra-stomach slimming balloon?
With intragastric slimming balloon therapy, people can get rid of pro-obesity diseases or reduce their diseases. Obesity-related pro-diseases include Obstructive sleep apnea, deterioration in the quality of life, arthritis, gallstones, coronary artery disease, cancers, diabetes, high blood pressure, gout, and infertility. When 5-10% of the body mass is given in studies, there is a significant decrease in diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, and other cardiovascular diseases.
Check for complaints after balloon inserting
The first three days after balloon inserting are very important. the stomach reacts to the balloon at the first moment. it produces nausea and spasms in the face of this condition which it is not accustomed to. After three to four days, he accepts. Take as long as possible for three days using medications given by your doctor. then you will see that you have lost the weight you want.
Click here to read the details of what should be done in the first three days.
General Dietary Recommendations After Ballooning
The transparentliquid dietonly
3 – 14 days
Full liquid diet not more than 1000 to 1200 kcal/day in total. During this period, a fast 1-kilo loss will be seen.
15- 21 days
Pureed or soft foods that contain 60 to 80 grams of protein should be pureed or soft meals of no more than 1200 to 1500 kcal per day.
>21 days- 6 months
Normal Foodscan be taken. A balanced and healthy diet should be maintained under the supervision of a dietitian. Less weight will continue to be lost.
6 months after balloon is removed
Dietitian recommendations for maintaining weight gain are recommended to continue actively.
What should be the detail of the diet in the days after the gastric balloon
The transparent liquid in the diet phase:
- low-calorie low acid juices
- Weak coffee and weak tea
- Oil-drained meat or chicken broth or soup
- Sugar-free fruit ice cubes
Full liquid diet phase:
- all foods in a transparent liquid diet phase
- lean yogurt and foods made from it
- Skimmed milk
- Almond milk
- Thinned cream wheat or oatmeal
- Protein mixtures made with protein powders
Mashed / soft food phase
- Patients should only continue to eat soft, food that can be swallowed without the need for chewing.
- Solids should be given gradually.
- During this period, cook all food, avoid raw food.
- Limit bread, pasta, rice because they can stick to the balloon and cause bad breath.
- Drink 1/2 cup of water 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after eating to “rinse” the balloon.
Last 4 days of dietary practice at the time of removal of the balloon
In order for the balloon to be removed without problems, the full liquid diet mentioned above should be taken for the last 4 days. the last 36 hours of transparent liquid diet should be continued and nothing should be taken by mouth in the last 12 hours. The aim here is not to create the risk of aspiration during the process of food remnations that may be in with the balloon.
Recommended Diet and lifestyle changes after ballooning
These recommendations should be applied for 6 months to maintain the weight given.
- meaning energy balance
- reading food labels
- predicting portion sizes
- predicting the fate and the amount of sodium
- eating 3 meals a day and having two small snackes
- eating slowly and chewing too much. making a habit of chewing red and white meat 20 times
- drinking water slowly after meals
- avoiding food
- drinking 8 cups of water per day
- avoid fizzy drinks for the first 4 weeks then release mineral water
- avoid lying down after meals, and get noticed for at least 2 hours before bedtime
- exercising or walking for 15 to 30 minutes a day
- reducing alcohol
Behaviors that contribute to long-term success in maintaining weight
- Consuming a regular breakfast and high protein diet
- Avoiding sugary foods
- Avoiding starch
- Check at least 1 kilo per week
- Exercising regularly 3 times a week
- Walking for one hour a day or taking 10,000 steps
- Abduction without snacking between meals and late-night meals
- It’s far from processed foods like potato chips. These are usually high in sodium, fat and starch and may contain appetite-enhancing additives.
Gastric Balloon Types
Gastric balloon types vary according to the duration of the application and according to the substance placed in it. Like water balloons, air balloons, six-month balloons, 12-month balloons. After applying a gastric balloon, gastric preservatives and, if necessary, medications for insulin resistance during treatment will support treatment. While air balloons have a little more advantage than to be tolerated, it is my personal opinion that aqueous balloons are somewhat more effective at losing weight.
Orbera, ReShape, Oballon, Spatz and Elipse gastric balloons have been approved by the FDA.
Orbera has been applied to over 250,000 people so far. It’s a juicy balloon. It is inflated with liquid and inserted for 6 months and removed after 6 months after endoscopy.
ReShapeconsists of 2 balloons combined. 2 balloons are inflated to 450 milliliters. It hangs out for 6 months. It is removed after being extinguished by an endoscopy at the end of 6 months.
Obalon, on the other hand, is a balloon that is swallowed and inserted without the need for an endoscopy. Inflated with 250 ml nitrogen blended gas. It is important to check with fluoroscopy that balloons are in the stomach before inflating. 3 Obalons are kept in the stomach for 6 months. At the end of 6 months, it is removed after extinguishing by endoscopy.
Spatz ballooncan stay in the stomach for 12 months. Thanks to the elastic connector tube at the end, it allows the balloon to shrink or enlarge with the help of an endoscope when necessary. It has more than 10,000 hang-out experiences in the world.
Elipse Balloon, there is no need for an endoscopy to be inserted is inserted by swallowing. After inflating with 550 milliliters of the liquid via the catheter attached to it, its contents are automatically discharged after 4 months thanks to its special valve. Because it is made of thin material, it does not need to be removed by endoscopy and is easily excreted from the body.
Contact with Us